Sweetie

What is the first thing to do when a puppy is brought home

Postby Sweetie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Can someone advise?
Thanks in advance ;;)

Yan

Re: What is the first thing to do when a puppy is brought ho

Postby Yan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Sweetie, check this out from whiskey ;)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38

Yan

Postby Yan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:12 pm

To add on.... this is something I read years ago....

Training your puppy can be a tiresome task, and at such a young age all they want to do is play and be mischievous – much like kids! However, it is the owner's job to control their behavior and train them as early on as possible. By doing this it can pave the way for an easier life in the future. So where should you begin to look for dog training supplies? Well, the internet has a wealth of information and resources on dog training and there are various websites selling good quality training products.

Naming the puppy
Once you have given your puppy a name, you should start using it as much as possible so that the puppy will eventually start responding to their name. With the use of toys and snacks, start rewarding your puppy once they show recognition and start responding to their name. It’s a matter of drilling the process, so keep repeating his or her name and rewarding once they start responding.

Equip Your Puppy
Go to your local pet store, or perhaps look on the internet, to look for the essential dog training supplies. You should be looking at a good quality leash for the puppy, and trying to introduce it as early on as possible. Also, whilst you’re at the store or browsing on the
net, you may as well stock up on food supplies, toys, dog beds and other tidbits that will make your puppy feel comfortable in their
new surroundings

Advise
When it comes to finding the right training products for your puppy, you shouldn’t rely on gut instinct. Instead, it’s much better to
speak to other people who have gone through puppy training and find out what worked and what didn’t for them. Some people, for instance may find that the use of a whistle might work for their puppy in obedience training. If puppy training is done from an early age, and it’s done with love and affection it can result in an easier life for you when the puppy grows up

Sweetie

Postby Sweetie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:00 pm

:-bd Thanks Yan for the info.... :)

Isabella F

Postby Isabella F » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Take care of your puppy like you take care of a little kid. Give your puppy love care and attention.

Erikalee

Re: What is the first thing to do when a puppy is brought home

Postby Erikalee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Sweetie wrote:Can someone advise?
Thanks in advance ;;)

Sounds like someone just surprised you with a puppy! so sweet!!
When my mom first bought it, I was really excited. What i did first was come up with a name for it! I named it Oscar HAHA. Then I googled on how to take care of it, what it should eat at that size/age, etc. Oh, when it starts to grow teeth, beware of your stuffs!! :lol:

crazy

Re: What is the first thing to do when a puppy is brought home

Postby crazy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 am

Show him/her the pee tray... :)

Return to “General Discussions”